When last we looked in on the George Bush Desert Classic, its sponsors were spinning the idea that despite what you may have seen, read or ducked out of the way of the Iraqi Civil War was still more of a possibilty than a fact. That was some good spin. It’s nearly six months later and my brethren, sistren and cisterns in the press seem to say that Civil War is about a 3:1 favorite.
- USATODAY: As violence mounts, so does evidence of civil war in Iraq
- The Christian Science Monitor: A widening sectarian rift pushes Iraq to the brink of civil war
- NPR: Abizaid Warns That Iraq Could Face Civil War
- MSNBC: PM: Iraq not facing civil war
- Fox News: We Won! We Won!
Still waiting for someone to tell me how we will know when the war has gone civil.
And here’s a headline from the AP that seems to bring obviousness to a whole new level: Analysis: Political unity missing in Iraq
Did you really need an analyst to tell you that?