As in brilliant timing for marketing?
Two weeks ago Warner FINALLY released the first season of the seminal “Pinky & The Brain” on DVD. Saturday, the Bild newspaper reports “a German scientist has been testing an ‘anti-stupidity’ pill with encouraging results on mice.” Way to keep the one hit story of the release alive!!! They’re not sleeping in Dusseldorf … er Burbank.*
BTW, answers to the question above include:
- Um… I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won’t wear the nylons?
- I think so Brain, but why would anyone want a depressed tongue?
- I think so Brain, but pants with horizontal stripes make me look chubby.
- Well, I think so Brain, but if we didn’t have ears, we’d look like weasels.
- Well, I think so Brain, but isn’t Regis Philbin already married?
- Well, I think so Brain, but balancing a family, and a career? Ooh, it’s all too much for me.
- I think so Brain, but… Kevin Costner with an English accent? I dunno.
- I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?
- I think so Brain, but Zero Mostel times anything will still give you Zero Mostel.
- I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?
- I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so.
- I think so, Brain, but how are we going to make pencils that taste like bacon? Or maybe we should make bacon that tastes like pencils.
- I think so, Brain, but then it’d be Snow White and the Seven Samurai…
- I think so, Brain, but if they called them “sad meals” no one would buy them.
- I think so Brain, but if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn’t it?
- Uh… yeah, Brain, but where will we get rubber pants our size?
*“You think we’re sleeping in Dusseldorf? You think we’re taking a nap in Cologne? No, we’re working at night — each night a new dial, a new knob, a diode, a transistor …” — Professor Krassman (Mel Brooks), The Muppet Movie