Thankfully the spirit of Bill Veeck still lives among us. The wonderfully name Macon Music has announced that June 13th will be Eliot Spitzer Night at Luther Williams Field. Much merriment is planned during the game against the Aiken Foxhounds — they really should be the Aiken Backs.
- The team is giving away a trip to New York and a one-night stay at the Mayflower Hotel.
- Fan No. 9 into the ballpark will receive a Music prize pack.
- Anyone with the name Eliot, Spitzer or Kristen, any fan from New York, and/or anyone who has ever resigned a position will receive $1 off admission. No word if these discounts will be cumulative.
- Wire taps will be placed around the stadium.
- ATMs in the ballpark will be available for cash withdrawals not to exceed $5,000 per hour.
Adding to the amusement is the fact that minor league ballplayers don’t even make $5K a month, never mind per hour.