OK, I’ll admit that I like getting pointless awards and such as much if not more than the next person. The voting for blogger’s choice awards is open and I’m up in the humor, business & marketing categories.
The truth is I will win none of them and shouldn’t given the categories. (I got an honorable mention in marketing when the blog started out as part of CMO magazine). If there was an award for best humor business & marketing blog, I still wouldn’t win but I’d have a shot. That said, I will now beg for your vote in one or all three of the categories above. Click on one of the pictures and it will take you to the site and yeah you have to register to vote so it’s a pain and I’m sorry. And yeah, I know these awards are even less meaningful than a people’s choice award.
All that said, allow me to list my campaign promises in an attempt to win you over:
- I will or will not (depending on your preference) take a stand on a controversial subject
- I won’t increase taxes.
- I won’t raise your cholesterol.
- I won’t wage a negative campaign — despite using won’t a lot.
- I will not coddle terrorists.
- I will not infringe on your civil liberties.
- I will support your right to bear arms as long you are not an idiot.
- I will provide universal health care for my dog and office manager Roxxy.
- I will eat my vegetables.
- I will offer you a cup of coffee (or tea).
- I will say thank you and I will say excuse me after I burp.
- I will say no to drugs — except a few like FlowMax that you really wish I wouldn’t mention.
- I will put down the toilet seat.
- I will think a lot about cleaning up my office.
- I will not start any wars.
- I will go to Disney World (although not any time real soon).
- I will brush and floss regularly.
- I will take time to smell the roses even though they aren’t my favorite flower.
- I will cackle with glee when the Yankees any team from New York loses. (Heather — is this better?)
- I will listen to both country and western musics.
- I will try to have the longest categories list of any blog anywhere.
- I will not run GM into the ground.
- I will cry havoc and loose the penguins of irony.