And to think the Right was worried about gay marriage …
Which is why he works for the Bush administration… ba dum dum….
The comic (not to say cartoon) possibilities are endless here:
- Didn’t Rodney Dangerfield have a cartoon marriage?
- Whole new realms of infidelity become possible. Or, as Jessica Rabbit put it: “I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way.”
- Instead of a divorce you get your marriage erased.
- What if the character dies in the comic book? Do you get bereavement leave? How about life insurance?
- What if the character is later brought back to life? Do you have to give the money back?
- Plastic surgery just got a whole lot cheaper.
- How do cartoons pay alimony?
- Where do couples register for gifts?
- Will a licensing fee replace the wedding license?
Japanese government now regretting naming Hello Kitty and Doraemon as ambassadors. The petition may have support in very high places, “Prime Minister Taro Aso is an avid fan of manga and recently complained that he has been too busy to read comic books since taking office.”
Best line in the story: “Japan only permits marriage between human men and women.”
Or maybe they could adopt me.