Please leave something for the satirists.
Get used to hearing a lot of “political smackdown” references because Linda McMahon, CEO of the WWE, is challenging Conneticut’s Chris Dodd for his Senate seat. Dodd – head of the banking committee who got a sweetheart deal on a mortgage from Countrywide – is more than a little vulnerable. Mrs. McMahon has actual qualifications: She has served as CEO since May 1997 and was the company’s president from May 1993 through June 2000. The Stamford, Conn.-based company produces live and televised wresting events and licenses and sells video games, toys and other retail products. The company’s sales totaled $526.5 million in 2008.
Quick cheap shots:
- Well she does know a lot about throwing things into a ring.
- She is READY TO RUMBLE!!!
- All her committee meetings will be a cage match.
- If she gets into trouble she will slap the hand of an actual politician to take her place.
- She’s perfect for the job. Lot’s of experience staging fights where the outcome is already fixed.
- Promises to bring Congress up to WWE’s level of honesty and integrity.
- Best. Inauguration. Party. EVER.
I would totally start watching C-SPAN if she got into the senate.